In this pandemic situation, everyone is looking to connect with new people while following social distancing. Omegle is a great platform for that. You can choose anyone you like to talk with and have a one to one communication. The popularity of this platform has been increased in the last 4 months of social isolation.
How to use Omegle?
To use Omegle, there is no need to register on the platform. Enter your name, date of birth, phone number, gender, and add a picture. For safety purposes, it is advisable not to use your correct information.
By default, gender is being set to ‘both’ when comes to connecting with people. You cannot specify the preferred gender you would like to make friends with. However, after earning sufficient coins, you can change the preferred genders.
Here are some primary features of Omegle for beginners who have just started out with the site
- There is no direct application to access Omegle. You can use the site only through a web browser.
- There is a ‘add interest’ feature that lets you define your interests and likewise show up people having similar interests as yours.
- College students can enter their college email id and likewise connect with their college mates for interactive sessions.
- Spy feature to act as a spy and ask two questions ‘stranger’. Acting as a spy, you can view the conversation between the suggested two strangers but cannot participate in it.
How to use or download Omegle on android
Here is a step by step guide to using Omegle on android phone
- Download and install the Puffin browser from an apk file.
- Once the installation gets completed, go to omegle.com.
- After this, switch to the desktop version. For this, tap on the three dots located in the top right corner and enable ‘request the desktop site’ option.
- With this, the page will reload again. Next, give access to the camera and microphone in order to allow video chats.
- Lastly, check the bot asking ‘I’m not a robot’. Omegle will start working smoothly now.
How to use or download Omegle on PC
There is no direct option to access Omegle on pc. Instead, one can use the android app on pc with the following steps
- Download the Bluestacks emulator.
- Once the installation is completed, run the emulator.
- Next, open any web browser and type https://omegle.onl/download/
- Then, install the Omegle apk file in your device via the emulator.
- Now the app will run on your Pc smoothly.
How to use and download Omegle on IOS
- Visit Omegle.com and click on the “download” icon.
- Next, scroll right and tap on “add to home screen”.
- Then add a name as you wish to like and click on “Add”.
- Now the app will get started on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
Answer – Well, the main reason for Omegle errors could be poor internet connection settings. For this, you can reset your IP address or DNS server to check if that works properly. Additionally, a VPN service is highly suggested to use Omegle.
Answer – There are three ways to initiate a conversation on Omegle- hello, ASL (Age, Sex, and Location) or AC
(Actual Conversation). Moreover, you can ‘add interests’ in your profile to connect with like-minded
Answer – Yes Omegle stores your data. Any video, audio, or texts you are sharing are stored by the Omegle. As per the site’s policy, the data is being recorded and stored for about 120 days.